Tomorrow is the start of rehearsals:
Colorado is beautiful, today the tech team is off while the Chautauqua Auditorium is being used for a performance not part of the Colorado Music Festival. This means that I’ve got time to sort of role through a bunch of “to-do list” items. The studio is set up for mixing and I’m testing to make sure I can transfer files effectively from the MacBook Pro I’ll be using at the venue to the iMac that is installed in the mixing room.
My to do list for today includes the following:
- Figure out sandbags for holding down microphone stands – butterfly/saddle bags like these would be ideal.
- Create a clone of my failing MBP old machine, so that the New MBP has a reliable B.U. if it goes down.
- Check and make sure that everything fires up and runs correctly for 24 tracks on the Venue System
- Go for a run
- Try to figure out exactly what I need to do for a bike (used, new, leaning towards a “fitness hybrid” style, according to the guy at Elevation Cycle here in Boulder. There’s a nice Cannonade road bike at the pawn shop as well…
- Get bills paid and all credit card debt for recording expenses figured out.
- Grab an appropriate chair for mixing room from Sharon’s desk.
- Practice trumpet – it has been over four days, which is the longest time in years I’ve gone without getting in some practice.
- Get an appropriate clock for the mixing room. The one in here is an analog that clicks and we can’t have that.
- Create a sign for the mixing suite.
- Record basic video of the studio space. Below!